Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weekly Update

I'm going to try and do a quick update at least once a week to help keep momentum going on the project.

Again I'm in some crunch time on my day job - which currently involves working on a distributed F15/F18 simulator. Still, I'm managing to sneak in a few hours a few nights a week.

Right now I'm trying to remove a couple of rare bugs... I recently restructured all the Spawners so I could set spawner parameters per map,  where previously you could just reference a spawner type by name and had to have it setup in a global definition file.  This has created some issues with invisible spawners blocking your path.

The load/save of levels is the biggest thorn in my side.  It's quite volatile to changes to any systems,  and with the game content getting longer,  I really don't want to have to start from scratch each time to test things. Generally its pretty stable at the moment, but I do have at least one rare bug to track down.  So I'm adding some new debug logs to track it what caused it next time it happens.

Content wise,  I've finished all the tutorial and starter missions and have my first quest set in the second city.  I've been stuck at this point for a few weeks now,  and found myself concentrating on polish and features which is always easier than adding quest content.

No comments:

Post a Comment