Monday, June 14, 2010

Not everything should bend...

The rendering system I use bends tiles so they don't look too linear. I was finding the square old-style tiles just look a little too bland for modern games, so I warped all space.  However, this looks pretty bad on a city wall which really needs to be straight or very subtley bent...  So I've add the ability to remove bending on certain tiles.

I spent some time reworking some of the tiles that were looking particularly bad. I find doing a little art once in a while is good for motivation. After spending most of the week refactoring code that doesn't advance the game at all,  I felt the need to some some change in the game...

That's all for now. I'll keep the mid-week blogs very small, or else I might need to drop them and just concentrate on the end-of-week blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment